Monday 9 September 2013

Transform

This is by Rachel Whiteread.
What took my interest about this is that I've actually seen it in person & never found out who it was by. What I like about it is it's made in the shapes of books & it's very plain & simple. It's a piece where you need to walk round the whole piece to appreciate it's simplicity.

Sarah Sze
This piece stood out to me based on it's odd shape & the random outbursts of colour, it has many interesting pieces that pull it together & transform them into something else. It's very inviting to eye.

Roger Hiorns
What makes this piece interesting is that it looks like it's been left half under water & then retrieved after many years. It's a very pleasant tone/gradient of blues, with the added crystal glint.

  Tony Cragg
I partly like this based on how the image is taken, it's from a low angle which will give more height to the piece. It's also interesting to me as at first glance I thought it was a pebble statue, but when I studied it properly I realised it was one whole piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment