Monday 16 September 2013


Robert Capa
What I found intriging about this photograph is that although represents or presents a time at war it can also portray, at first glance, a happier scene. Children may see it as presents falling from the sky & although it lacks vibrant colour a child may still believe that. In it's lack of colour it adds a darkness to it for adults who understand what this photograph represents. 


Shirin Neshat 
What I found interesting about this photograph was it's composition, it very simple & stands out. What is also intriguing is not knowing what the lettering on the hand means, it may say something against the use of guns or it may something for it, I'd only find out through research, but I find myself not wanting to really know as I can think for myself what the artists may want to represent.  

Thomas Cooper
This image offers infinite distance, you can see no end to it's trail, it appears to go on forever. It's inviting to the eye in it's misty effect, like some potion brewing, or time slowed down so people can appreciate the flow of running water. It has a very dreamlike effect, inviting you into it's, possibly dangerous, waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment