Sunday 6 October 2013

'Homage to the artist' Thomas Heatherwick

This was my first 3D piece based on Heatherwick's Olympic Sculpture. I used plastic folder dividers to create the funnel shape, used straws to keep them upright and wrapper coloured sugar paper around it.
I used different colour's in reference to his other work with different coloured fabric.
I'm not too pleased with the outcome as it doesn't look neat enough and looks too much like a bouquet of flowers. One thing I do like is the shape of the folder dividers they turned out really well. I think if I had more time and different materials I would've created something neater which was able to stand up on it's own.



 This felt piece was just a experiment to see how it would look layered. I didn't have enough to create a bigger piece. I think that if I had more materials, I could have stitched pieces together which I think would look really nice.
This is based on his coloured material piece.


 This is another based on Heatherwick's fabric piece. I liked how the layering of the paper worked well and I think the colour is good. I used little sticky pads between each piece of paper so that it created so height. It gives it a good depth like a flight of stairs.
If made bigger I think it would look really effective.
 This piece is loosely based on his bridge piece. I like how the shape of the paper turned out and that you could unravel the roll and turn it into something else if left with a creative imagination. if I had used card it may have been easier to manage and I could of constructed something with better movement. Again the colours were based of his fabric piece but I think they go well with it's shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment